25 November 2011

Miniature Rooms

PS: I know it's not even December yet but who cares? Here's a little wreath in the header for your very early Christmas joy.

I've always loved dollhouses as a child and it seems like I've never grown out of my love for fully furnished tiny houses. I recently came across with an account at Flickr that shares the miniature rooms he makes. Sweetington's rooms are perfect little places which don't lack a single detail. My favorite is absoltely the blue room which is displayed on a shelf. I'd love to have a miniature room like that; I would play with it (in my mind with many many made up characters) and never get bored of it. Which one is your favorite?

Shelf room
The Blue Room...with dollshouse
"Country House"
Music room
Two rooms
Chinoiserie bedroom

(all photos linked back to the rightful owner)

3 comments:

  1. I actually used to make up dolls' houses among my books on the bookshelf - that way I could make many rooms beside each other, like in a flat. :)

    These are gorgeous, they remind me of the Wallace Collection in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand rooms and I adore the design and architectural details. Ah, I love antiquarian books,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just amazing! I got given a dolls house by my parents when I was about 9 or 10 and it was genuinely one of the best presents I've ever received! I am so obsessed with anything miniature!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: