10 January 2012

Back Home and 1 Year Old

Embankment


This wee blog is oficcially 1 year old people. Am I proud? Oh yes, because I managed to keep doing something with (nearly) the same eagerness for one whole year! There were days that I felt like letting this place grow dusty and alone but somehow I kept coming back and created a not-so-bad routine of posting stuff nobody cares about but me. But this is the thing isn't it? Creating your very own space with only the things that give you pleasure - and voila, I've met some very lovely people and even though I haven't seen any of them in person yet, I still enjoy their existence in my cyber life. I started to see the beauty in everyday life and objects, I started to use my camera much more oftenly, I (hopefully) improved my photography a bit and found out that people around the world can also share my interests and passion towards pretty (and old) things. Being a kind of an outsider in my real life (not a loner or a creep - I just keep constantly feeling that I can't properly fit in the place/niche/enviroment i live in which can be frustrating sometimes), finding out that it's ok to be this way is a relief, I must say. I know this ain't no major famous blog but still it keeps me connected to the things I love and the people who love what I post.

Lots of words there was... So I'm (SADLY) back from London and still refusing to believe it. Since I literally cried when the plane took off, I won't put myself into another post-holiday depression but I already miss the city of my heart and mind so very much. I cannot understand how can one ever git sick of London, seriously.

I'll be posting some photos of the lovely London soon but there are just so many shots and they need to be eliminated and edited and uploaded so it's a bit of work. Fingers crossed.

Have a nice week dear people, who gave me a reason to keep posting for one whole year. xxx

Arcade

13 comments:

  1. Happy blog birthday. I love visiting your wee space here.
    Adore that first image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! ^^ And I'm glad you've continued blogging, even if there might be times that it's not feeling good or you're too busy etc..It's always nice to hear from you, I always get very nice comments from you ! :) <3


    xx Satu
    Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats as well! It's still fun to relive your trip and memories through the photos 'tho not quite the same. I love seeing past trips pop up on my computer's screen saver here at home. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting you say this ipek as I am exactly the same. I do not fit into my environment and 'meeting' people from around the world...you do find that there are many of us the same after all. Congratulations on reaching a year, it is a huge achievement and a huge learning curve. I look forward to reading more from you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations Ipek! It's very nice to find your own voice over a blog and you seem to have done it well! :)
    xxx,
    Betül
    Ballad of Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your blog's birthday! Fab work! I am also completely besotted with London even though I've only been once before. It's very expensive to get there and even if you manage a cheaper flight, the exchange rate just kills us. I can't wait to go back though. I just have to wait until something comes together. :)
    ~Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lesley: I don't know where you are from but I feel your pain about the exchange rates. It's thrice the value of our money and it hurts! But nevertheless, everything was worth it so I don't complain. We managed to have an amazing vacation there. Hope you can fix yourself to go to London soon as well :) xx

    @Paula: Thank you! You always inspire me to keep going and seeing this words from you was important. Outsiders unite hahah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, i cried a bit too. (Actually i was so tired i literally cried myself to sleep. Looking down from the window to London, thinking "I'll be back") Anyway, it's been a beautiful vacation (one of the bests) so i hope we keep doing this.

    And also, happy birthday to your blog. I'm very very proud of you, and i'm so glad with this result that i can say i would follow you even if you were not my friend because this blog is beautiful.

    Lovely photo, the first one. One of my favorites of all time, too. Love you. And that's English, since your followers (almost all of them) can't understand Turkish. *Yeah i'm gonna shut up now*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your blog being a year old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yay, I am so glad you loved London! Can't wait to see more of your photos - seeing my home city through the eyes of others is always so inspiring - I immediately want to go out and do more things!

    ps congrats on one year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogbirthday and here's to many more to come! I really enjoyed seeing your blog evolve and looking forward to reading and seeing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and thank you for "liking" my blog on Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: