20 February 2012

Rainy Days in London IV

National Museum


YES, more London photos for a Monday morning. Sadly, photography is not allowed in National Museum or I'd shoot the crap out of that building which I love so much. After seeing a Boticelli and a Van Gogh in flesh (or in canvas, you know), I felt like I leveled up. I love museums way too much. And it was one of the few days that were actually sunny despite the freezing weather. I don't mind, I love cold and I love rain. It doesn't bother me. Also, I got to visit my most favorite DVD shop, Lovejoys. I swear, one day I'll lose it and buy every single dvd that's on the 1920s-1930s section.

And there was another visit to Sherlock Holmes Museum as well.

It's hard to believe that it's been more than a month since I came back from London. *le sigh*

Trafalgar
Confessions of a Coffeeholic and Vinum.
Trafalgar
The most favorite shop
Palace Theatre
SH
SH
SH


Also I have a Tumblr account, if anyone wants to follow. It's mostly an invasion of old photography, illustrations, questionnaires about my writing and characters and randomness at all levels. Clickety-click click.

16 comments:

  1. Would so love to hear more about the exhibition/artworks you saw. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to do that actually, I better add this to my to-post list! xx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post! I can't imagine how incredible it must have been to visit those museums, and I am seconding the above commenter's request for more information!

    Also, I just watched "Death on the Vile" and absolutely A D O R E D it - please le t me know what you think of it when you watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wee thanks! i'll watch it tonight, i still couldn't bring myself to sit down and watch one of them properly but shall start with death on the nile then! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love London! And I love Agatha Christie! I have all her books!!!
    Hugs
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. Makes me realise that I should appreciate living in London more and go and explore! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely photos! I know what you mean about the Bottecelli and the Van Gogh. There is something about seeing really well known art in the flesh that moves you. I remember when I was wandering lost through the Louvre (is there any other way? lol) and I just turned around to figure out where I was and I was all alone with the Venus de Milo. I didn't even know it was there! It completely took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful photos!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. And those photos are great!! :)

    Well, Im at the Balkan, Slavic and Oriental Studies faculty at the university of Macedonia in Thessaloniki, and I had to choose at the first place between the russian and the turkish language!So, I chose your language, while thinking that we're neighbors and I'd like to be an interpreter!Unfortunately my teacher sucks and now I'm trying all alone!!It's difficult..especially the verbs and so on, but I think I'll manage it!! :) If I need your held, I'll let you know! ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! (And my mother's family is from Thessaloniki, what a coincidence :)) Hope it'll become easier as you learn! x

      Delete
  8. you sure are a massive london fan. if you are crafty you can take some sneaky pictures, especially if you have a smart phone. easy! it's not hurting anyone, especially with no flash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try! Lol. But the lighting was relatively poor and my camera (though not totally professional) was a bit too large to sneak around. Oh well! At least I saw the art itself, doesn't matter. x

      Delete
  9. Londra'yi o kadar cok seviyorum ki, sonsuza kadar Londra postlarina bakabilirim. Hadi devam devam :))

    Cok tesekkurler yildonumu postuma yorumun icin.
    Sevgiler
    denizsaatcioglu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could live in the National Gallery and have breakfast lunch and dinner at the NG cafe every day. Preferably the scones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, i´m happy about your comment, because that is always my intention.
    but looking at you photos make me feel like traveling too. there are so many places to see, and sometimes they are not far away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures :) I am in love with London.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: