13 March 2012

Rainy Days in London - IWM




DSC_0801

Imperial War Museum is becoming one of my favorite places to visit in London. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys museums, 20th century wars, uniforms or just a great museum shop. My particular interests were WW1 ad WW2 so I only have the photos of those eras (and I'm not posting even the half of them but poor lighting and low quality-eh...); but we also enjoyed a beautiful exhibition about Auschwitz which unfortunately didn't allow us to take photos. I don't know if it's still there but if it is, go and see.

DSC_0802
DSC_0805 DSC_0804
DSC_0813
DSC_0819
DSC_0823
DSC_0834
DSC_0824 DSC_0842
DSC_0845
DSC_0871
DSC_0874
DSC_0875
DSC_0880
DSC_0882
DSC_0884
DSC_0888
DSC_0885
DSC_0891
DSC_0896

After an exhausting but amazing trip to IWM we were, well, exhausted; so we threw ourselves to Trafalgar and basically swallowed cups of coffee to feel alive again. It was a bit depressing evening since it was our last day in London, and I ran out of time so I couldn't visit the Cabinet War Rooms, but oh well. Next time, I guess.
DSC_0908

3 comments:

  1. Your photos are incredible. I also visited the museum, and the Holocaust exhibition left an imprint in my mind. I took photos, but they weren't as good as yours! Anyway, I could swear your lovely blog was on my blogroll, but apparently not - adding a link to it now!

    http://shelovesmixtapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't it a lovely museum? I love the building and the exhibitions and simply everything. And thank you very much for adding me to your favorites - what a compliment to my little blog! x

      Delete
  2. Visiting museums in London is one of my favorite things to do :) But have never been in this one! Thanks for sharing <3

    VIEW FROM HEELS

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: