28 July 2012

Days in Istanbul

*quickly wipes off the dust on the blog*

I know, my blogging schedule sucked pretty much for the last few weeks and I don't feel good about it but I blame the extremely uncomfortably hot weather for my lack of will to move my finger, take photos, edit them, find something nice to write and arrange a blog post. You have no idea how much respect I have for the regular successful bloggers out there because it's serious work and needs being organized and dedicated all the time. 

You rule, bloggers!

Anyhoo, I was in İstanbul again last week. A good friend of mine is moving there soon so we needed to make some arrangements and of course, needless to say; I went to see Morrissey. The concert was fantastic and I just adore the man. You should love him too. We were so lucky because Istanbul was melting a day before I arrived but we had a nice breeze and clear skies that evening. Going back to Taksim after the show was a pain though because well, taxi drivers.

Let me tell you something about Istanbul cabbies; they are cruel people. Not in a way that will torture you and lock you up in a cage, but in a way that will not take you in no matter what and wave as they pass by. We could walk back to the square but a friend had a problem with her knee so that was not an option and no taxi would stop by and take us. After one point, I was considering throwing myself on a cab and let it drag me for the rest of the road. Thankfully, after many minutes, an angel in a cabbie vessel took us in and we could go back to the city center with fewer fuss. Thank you 34 TDJ 09! You're a good man.

Istanbul was lovely as always and I miss everything from the narrow lovely streets of Cihangir to the beloved Irish Pub of ours; The James Joyce. 

I also bought massive loads of books as always. (Graveyard Book is a must read for everyone in my opinion. Neil Gaiman is a mini god.) Enjoyed my books as I devoured scrambled eggs and bacon (that was pretty much my every meal there, I don't know why but I don't regret it. My cardiovascular system may regret it a little). It was a great trip all over and I'm hoping to do it again soon. Here are a few shots from the trip as always, hope you enjoy. I know I did.

DSC_0013
DSC_0014
DSC_0015
DSC_0017
DSC_0018
DSC_0020
DSC_0021
DSC_0022
DSC_0031
DSC_0032
DSC_0039
DSC_0044
DSC_0049
DSC_0050

16 comments:

  1. Beautfiful pictures as always Ipek. It looks amazing, I really want to visit one day. Ha that's so funny about the cab's, how do they ever get any buisness with attitudes like that. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, it's either too far away or too close or the traffic is too crowded there or it's just the end of their shift. I guess they just enjoy driving all day long.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you again :-) Honestly, I don't know how you cope with the heat, I would definitely have no schedule at all if was a part of my every day life! Lovely pics btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Last few days had been dreadful and I'm noy enjoying it either but accepting the heat is easier than fighting with the air around you so it's safe to say that we just gave up eventually, haha. xx

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    I am emailing from a leading advertising agency based in London.

    I am getting in touch with you as I am looking for quality websites such as your dizzytea.blogspot.com, to place some adverts on your website and would like to know if this is something which would be of interest to you?

    The placement of our adverts are contextually matched to the content on the page, therefore relevant.

    Do let me know if you are interested to discuss any partnerships with us as we feel the positioning of your website will have strong benefits for both parties.

    Please email me back with your thoughts or questions.

    Kind regards,
    Damien Cvetanovski
    damien@adbeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you enjoyed your visit in Istanbul! I'm curious, what's your favorite book store in Istanbul?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joy! My favorites are without a doubt Pandora and Robinson Crusoe. They are both in İstiklal St. Beyoglu and their collection is just lovely.

      Delete
  5. Me too! Really like the travel and Istanbul books at Robinson Crusoe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the photos you post! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerçekten harika fotolar ve çok güzel bir blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rica ederim; ben de her zaman beklerim belki ilginizi çekebilecek birşeyler bulabilirsiniz benim blogda...
      Saygılar

      Delete
  8. Lovely photos - Istanbul is a wonderful city which I have visited a number of times. I'm so pleased I stumbled across your varied blog and I'm delighted to be following now.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heeeeey you're reading the Graveyard Book?! I love this book! All photos are really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It has become one of my favorite books ever, such wonderful story telling. I love Neil Gaiman.

      Delete

Drop me a word: