10 August 2012

Other People's Places

I love coming across with a new photographer and becoming an instant fan. Her name is Olga Bennett, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm enjoying her photostream a lot more than I should.

She also has a blog: Other People.

luci everett penny's place
ice cream
in the morning
natalia_0029
studio of Amber Wallis
Untitled

The silence in photos is so soothing. I used to enjoy 'loud' photos but I guess taste changes a lot through time. I can't even look at the very old photos I took because they make me go 'Oh God, why.' too bad. Too much edit, too much HDR, too much 'noise' in the photos bother me, with its own fine exceptions of course. And I rearrange the people I follow and my contacts almost regularly, so all I have on my home page in Flickr is these kind of shots. It feels more efortless. Yet the feeling of 'being there' is very bare.

And on an irrelevant topic, I seem to enjoy HIM once again which is surprising because I haven't listened to Ville Valo literally in years. I remembered this song out of nowhere a few weeks ago and because of my silly brain who cannot and would not accept anything in reasonable amounts; it's on repeat since this morning.

Does anyone listens to a song/reads a book until the thought of it makes them sick?

I need help.

6 comments:

  1. Pics are really so impressive and full of details:)
    And about the last para; that's how we become idiots :P I remember a song by İlhan İrem and it's lyrics were just like; "Yel değirmelerine karşı donkişot muyum? Dilimde hep aynı şarkı idiot muyum?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha, yes I do that too. I listen to a song so many times I eventually get sick of it.
    Indeed, these are some beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For instance, i can't believe myself how i could read all of the Elif Şafak's books respectively. What a good stuff in order to lose a lot of time and get confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photographs are just stunning. Will check out the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are beautiful, you are right about the silence of them, theylook so peaceful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photo's are so beautiful and the way you have described them is perfect! So calm and still.
    I am like that with music and food. I will listen to an album over and over until I cant take and have to wait for months until I listen to it again. The same with food, if I like it I'll eat it for weeks. I have no idea why I do it, and I annoy myself but I'm clearly a creature of habit. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: