27 October 2012

Moscow Scenes: Soviet Spirit

When I was in Moscow, I ran into a very rare thing and it charmed and moved me in many ways. A group of old Communists who still carry the Soviet sprit in their hearts were walking to the Red Square to visit Lenin's mausoleum. I took photos and later had a few words with them. You may wonder how we managed to talk when they can't speak neither English nor Turkish and I can't speak Russian to save my life. I wish I could tell you how but we managed. They were the sweetest people and it's a memory to last a lifetime.

Hope you enjoy.

Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow
Moscow

And afterwards, we went to Home Sweet Home Cafe and had the best lemon pie in the world. Lovely place and the staff knows English - which means a corner of heaven in Moscow.

Moscow
Moscow

Aaaaand I am finally done with photos of Russia. I will be back to my regular randomness and hopefully start taking photos again because I was being lazy knowing I still had plenty of photos to share. I'm off to do some shopping. Have a lovely weekend.

PS: Some might notice the change of banner and side links. This was because Blogger decided to kill my old ones and put ugly black signs instead. I have no idea what happened but I replaced them with new ones. Hope you like! x

3 comments:

  1. Hello girl! Beautiful photos as usual!
    P.S. I didn't forget your birthday. Did you get my letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! It was a 4 day long holiday here so the post service wasn't working, I'm sure it'll arrive soon. xx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos, that lemon pie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: