28 February 2013

Review: The Balm 'Tall Dark and Handsome'

The Balm


I just bought the most amusing beauty product I've ever laid my eyes on. The Balm's 'Tall, Dark and Handsome' mascara was purchased simply for fun since the packaging is just pure success. We were just trying the samples and when I noticed the impeccable checklist on the side of its box, I just had to buy it. But I was surprised when it actually turned out to be quite an excellent mascara.

The Balm

My make up process includes very few products (concealer, mascara and lipstick) on a regular day, so those are my key elements and I take my mascara seriously. I was using Maybelline's Falsies before this one and even though it's effect was good, it wasn't working very perfectly for me. (I have weird skin around my eyes, even the most waterproof product is useless, which is the reason why I can not use even the best eye pencil and I'm stuck with eyeliners for eternity. Even the mascara and shadow start to pile up under my eyes after a while and not even the most quality primer can fix this. Oh well.)

The Balm

BUT, Tall Dark and Handsome has a nice, light formula which doesn't weigh my eyelashes down and make me feel like I've pinned cannonballs to my eyelids. It doesn't clump at all and gives the lashes a feathery effect. I actually used this on my lower lashes too and despite my problem with having panda bear eyes in two hours after putting on make up, the mascara actually stood in place. It does last a long time and unlike the evil waterproof mascaras I hate to use, it comes off quite easily with a random eye make up remover. Plus, the packaging is divine but I mentioned that already. (The Balm has another mascara called 'The Bodybuilder' but I am more drawn to the tall, dark and handsome ones than the tanned beach boys. Obviously.)

The Balm

I am legitimately considering to hoard all The Balm products because they all have hilarious packaging with vintage designs and that just cannot be missed. It is sold at Gratis stores here in Turkey, but I have no idea where you can find them abroad. Probably most drug stores have them, if we actually can find the brand here.

The Balm
The Balm
The Balm
The Balm

Anyone else used this mascara before?

PS: Sorry for not posting a photo of my eyelashes before/after I put on the mascara, but a close up on my face freaks me out and it actually looks a bit creepy to just see a huge eyeball on a screen. And I am not sure this was a good review but I needed this mascara on my blog, just because. 

8 comments:

  1. Hadnt heard of this mascara brand. I like the name - very different;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this brand before, either. I looked on Sephora's website and they don't carry this mascara, but Nordstrom's does. Time and time again I try new mascaras and go back to Maybelline Great Lash in blackest black. I like Lancome Defincils but Maybelline is cheaper of course. From what I can see on Sephora and Nordstrom websites, the packaging is really cute. Thanks for sharing, might have to pick up one of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ay asıl sorcağım şeyi unuttum, hangi kapatıcıyı kullanıyosun? İlk defa bi makyaj malzemesi bitiriyorum yeni bişi bulma ihtiyacı hissettim.

      Delete
  4. Lancome'un Effacernes Longue Tenue kullanıyorum, çok da memnun kaldım :) Fiyatını hatırlamıyorum ama ödediğim paraya kıyasla çok uzun süre dayandı ve memnun kaldım. (Concealera fondöten muamelesi yaptığım düşünülürse fazla bile uzun dayandı hatta heheh.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bugün onu denedim, en açık renk çok açık ikinci renk de grimsi durdu :c

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, I love that packaging! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: