26 April 2013

April Favourites! - Part 1

Hellooo everyone.

After spending my entire morning dancing in front of the mirror instead of getting ready or having breakfast, I finally managed to edit the photos for this post. (Writing this will take a while because I am still dancing in my chair.)

I don't think I've ever done a proper beauty favourites post before, so here you are. Some of these I bought and tried this months and loved, and some of them are old/all time favourites.


 April Favourites

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation 
This is my first MAC product ever. (Don't judge.) I'm not a big foundation user; I didn't use it on a daily basis before and I doubt I'll start using it every single day unless my skin looks like crap. But I was running out of my old foundation and the fact that I didn't have anything to even out my skin tone and make me look less threatening on a bad skin day, was shameful. I have rather dry skin but I don't like shiny foundations. This has a very smooth texture and it's quite mattifying. The coverage is enough for me since I don't suffer from severe acne or other skin problems. I have a few sunspots that I'd love to get rid of, other than that my biggest problem is the occasional redness around my face. It seems to get rid of my Heidi cheeks and make me look less like I've just ran a marathon. You go MAC.

April Favourites
April Favourites

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
Say hello to my first bronzer. I'm not a big fan of bronzers either; never needed one before and therefore, never bought one. But I also have a face as flat as a frying pan: no cheekbones. So, when I was buying the foundation at MAC, I asked the make up artist to teach me his ways about contouring. This is indeed a very bronze colour and I'm now thinking if I should've gone for a more grayish tone instead; but I still like it very much. It doesn't feel heavy on my face and when applied over a properly made up skin, it looks quite nice. I have cheekbones! Sort of.
(If I don't put foundation first, my face looks like I've just washed it in a bowl of cayenne pepper, which is never good.)

April Favourites

YSL Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation
Now this is an oldie, as you can tell by the state of the packaging. This is the one I've ran out of and replaced with MAC. I have to say, this is a fantastic foundation. It has it's own brush in it and the foundation comes out of the middle of it which may be appealing to some and not so much to others. It has good coverage (for me) but it's so light on the skin and for my dry face, it was almost moisturizing. It's not so matt like the Fix Fluid but I loved it nonetheless. The reason it will not be used anymore is because the shade i chose was too pink for my skin. My undertone is yellowish so pink tones do not look so good. I guess mine is either Peach or Pink Beige (which makes me question why did i go for something called 'pink beige' in the first place) but it will be remembered well.
*You can also see my distorted reflection on the golden cap. Hello monster arm.*

April Favourites

Illamasqua Lipstick - Howl
My issue with red lipsticks is a never ending one, sadly. I usually don't like pink tones of red on my face and never ever go for bright lips because I can't pull them off. (And I am not very fond of gloss either.) Finding a good terracotta/brick red with a brownish undertone that is matt and long lasting is harder than you think. So, when I discovered Illamasqua through the wonder that is Howl, I was quite happy. It stays on like you tattooed yourself with the blood of your enemies and it's such an elegant colour. It's very pigmented, completely matt and lasts forever (unless you want to use it as a war paint or a tool to write love notes on mirrors).


April Favourites

Sephora Collection Long Wear Lipstick - No. 20
This ridiculous thing is a part of my tiny lipstick collection as a result of pure luck. We were at Sephora and I was killing some time as my friends did their shopping. I usually don't go for Sephora's own collection; I tried their eyeliners and didn't like it. Nail polishes were not so wonderful either.
So I just put this lipstick on for fun and I was stumped because it is insanely pigmented and so so soft and creamy; BUT, after a few seconds, the lipstick dries completely and stays on beautifully. It was such an odd feeling because when you first put it on, it feels like it'll go everywhere after a single bite of food or something. I loved the colour and it was really affordable so I bought it. It looks so pink in the photo but it has more of an brown-ish tone and looks bold and subtle at the same time. It is completely matt and I strongly recommend it. (It dries the lips a bit so make sure you put lip balm first.)

Well, I hope you enjoyed the first part of the favourites. Drop me a word if you've used any of these and if you liked them or not. Bye! x

PS: A follower suggested that I should make a "25 Facts" tag video and make it a post here. Yay or nay? Let me know if you would like to see me being awkward and uncomfortable in front of a camera.



5 comments:

  1. Hmm, I feel you as far as lipstick goes - I don't use much of make-up. Will keep all your information in mind.
    Yay for the video.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few mac products but never tried the foundation - so it is interesting to hear a review! Glad you are enjoying your first forays into Mac too!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: