01 May 2013

April Favourites! - Part 2



Hello everyone!

I’m home on a bright Wednesday morning, drinking more tea than my body can handle and watching vlogger hauls. Who loves holidays? 

Here’s the second part of the April/all-time favourites as I promised. Hope you enjoy!

April Favourites

Crabtree & Evelyn - Nantucket Briar Hand Therapy
My love for Crabtree & Evelyn products started quite a while ago when my mother gave me the gift bag she got from her friend. It came in a beautiful blue fabric bag (which serves me as a sewing box at the moment) and had the small set of Nantucket Briar in it. I only loved it because of the packaging at first but this hand cream is absolutely amazing. The smell reminds me of my grandmother's lotions; it's quite subtle and soft. And I can swear by its effect on my dry skin. I literally hoarded this product and my mother also brought me a few more when she came back from London, because we don't have a Crabtree & Evelyn shop around here. I have three more boxes of it and I feel no shame. The lavender hand therapy is also wonderful but my favourite is this one. Definitely an all time favourite.
April Favourites
April Favourites

Rimmel - Cuticle Pro Hydrating and Nourishing Lotion
I like manicures. I find them very relaxing and fun and it's such a girly way to pass the time without much mess and fuss. I am definitely not a Pro unlike this product but I can say that this lotion works. It's like any other cuticle lotion/cream out there: you apply it over the cuticles and wait for it to work its magic, you massage the cuticles, push them back with a tool/your finger and you're good to go. It's really effective and softens the skin so well. The texture is quite light and not greasy at all. It dries nicely and doesn't leave anything to clean behind once you rinse it after you're done. I was never really able to do my own manicure because of my lack of expertise in using a cuticle scissors/cutters. I will definitely be replacing this once I run out. Although, that will probably happen in a year or two because it lasts forever as well.

Pastel - No. 84 Nail Polish
As far as I know, Pastel is a beauty brand that is only sold in Turkey. It's a drugstore brand; quite affordable yet not wonderful in quality. But it has a very large colour scale in nail polishes and I loved this one. It's a very nice blueish light gray. The coverage with two coats was more than enough and it only started to chip after three days which is not bad at all. I love this shade so much. 

April Favourites

Sephora - 4 Step Nail Buffer
This has been raved about so much that I'm pretty sure half the human population owns one by now. But it is as good as I've been told. I keep my nails short and maintaining them is not a big issue for me so filing them had never been a focus of my hand/nail care regime. But this product is really good. It's really cheap (it's probably around $5 or something) and it's very easy to use. The buffing and polishing sides are absolutely great. The buffer fixes the rough edges of the nails after the filing very nicely (friend of the filing rookies out there). I've never used a shining tool for nails before so I was shocked after seeing the results. (If you have the patience to treat each and every nail carefully, you'll end up looking at one set of lovely looking nails. No need to point out that I don't have that patience.) I can't really tell if it works better more than any other shining tools since I have no experience but so far, I like it. It doesn't look like it'll last very long, but like I said, it's affordable so replacing it shouldn't be much of a problem.There is also another version of this called the 3-Step Ergo Buffer which looks a bit more fancy and maybe even easier to use; but I went for the simpler one. Less is more. 

April Favourites

Down Under Natural's - Hair Repair Serum
Drum roll please; the star of the show is coming through.
My hair is usually quite hassle-free. *knocks on wood* I have a lot of hair but it's relatively thin, which makes it essential to use products that won't weigh my hair down. But lately the texture of it started to feel much more coarse and dull. I used the conditioner of Pantene Aqua Light series as well as its shampoo and I am very happy with them but it didn't soften my hair as thoroughly as I wanted it to be. Than my angelic friend introduced me to the hair repair mask of Down Under Naturals which is quite good. So I decided to give the hair serum a try as well. Never used a serum before but now I am addicted, because it is that good. It has an oily texture and it is applied on wet/damp hair, not to be rinsed. It softened my hair noticeably and people told me how shiny my hair looked on more than one occasion so I think that counts as good feedback. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all, it doesn't even leave an oily feeling on my hands after I am done applying it. Works like magic and I don't have to sell my firstborn child to pay for it either. I love it.

I hope you liked the monthly favourites. let me know if you try/used any of those, I'd like to see feedback. Happy May to all!

See you next time. Dizzy out. xx

8 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the Crabtree and Evelyn I had to comment. My Grandmother used to use a ton of their products (anything rose scented) and I always loved the smell. Now that she's gone I like to pick up some lotion or soap every once and a while - it really reminds me of her. Unfortunately my boyfriend thinks anything that smells like roses is too "old lady" but I wear it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have quite grandmother-y products indeed but that makes me love them even more. xx

      Delete
  2. Crabtree and Evelyn need I say more! I am popping to York ( a beautiful city in England) this weekend for a spot of retail therapy where the florally aroma of the Crabtree and Evelyn shop draws me in every time! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! Or maybe lucky me for not being in a city that has C&E because I'd do some pocket damage there.

      Delete
  3. Now curious about the hand lotion and serum! Most serums I've tried are difficult to spread evenly on the hair- they mostly end up on the outermost parts of my hair only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tellie, thanks for dropping by. This serum isn't very liquidy either and you need to spread it in your hands nicely before applying it to your hair so it thins down a bit. But a small amount had been enough for me, hope you like it as well. x

      Delete
  4. That pastel blue nail varnish is beautiful! I lvoe the coluor - so spring like and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je ne connaissais pas Crabtree & Evelyn. Je vais essayer de trouver cette marque en France ou sur internet. Merci pour cette découverte.

    Adorina Spenta
    http://www.adorinaspenta.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: