11 May 2013

What's in my makeup bag?

Hello everyone. We made it, it's finally Saturday.

As a 'sequel' for my last post, I'm sending the 'in my bag' part two. This is what I carry around with me all day, just in case I need a little pick-me-up. I always envied people who were able to keep themselves nicely put together at all times. Properly dressed, makeup well done, hair all in place... And a while ago, I noticed that I feel definitely better about myself and my day when I look my best. I'm not talking about a full on make up and a fancy hair do with even fancier clothes. But small changes create big difference and being able to conceal my dark circles or silly spots make me feel better.

Today, I've came across with this on Tumblr. Well put Megan, well put.

In My Bag - 1




This makeup bag is from Fred Flare, I probably bought it 3 years ago. They have the most adorable collection ever, go check I say.

In My Bag - 1

Burt's Bees has became my 11th finger lately. I cannot and will not leave the house without it. This one is from the tinted bal collection, the color is Red Dahlia. The naming is a bit daring because it gives you the faintest of colour but the shine is very subtle and the texture is amazing. Looks good on lipstick, looks good on it's own, very moiturizing, very handy... Get one. I mean it.

In My Bag - 1

This lipstick is the love of my life and it must be discontinued because I can't find it anywhere anymore. 'Givenchy Rouge Inderdit - Delice Brown' or what people thought my actual lip colour was for a long while. I didn't leave the house without it, I couldn't finish a make up without it. I still love it so much but I'm afraid I'll run out quickly, so  spared it the daily use. An amazing brick colour that stays on forever. This will always be my favourite lipstick. I am hoping they will bring it back because I have found no alternative for this.

In My Bag - 1

Look at me experimenting with colours. I always hated pink tones on my lips but lately I am forcing myself to come out of my brick toned shell and try new things. I was surprised with Sephora Rouge Shine No 7; it's really moisturizing and soft. The colour look very coral here but it has a more natural pink-coral tone when you put it on. Quickly became a daily life saver.

In My Bag - 1

Daily essentials: Sephora waterproof eye pencil in Tango Night. Nice charcoal colour with very subtle purple glitter, I love it. Maybelline Falsies Feather Look. I like this more than the original Falsies, the texture is much lighter and still gives the same effect. L'Oreal Perfect Match Concealer in Sable Sand. This was a 'I need a concealer and I need it now and I am out of time' purchase rather than a fun time make up shopping. I was out of my trusty Lancome and my skin was going through the worst phase ever so I bought this. With my dark circles, you need some good coverage. I wouldn't say it's as good as my old Lancome one (which I'll be replacing soon) but it's a nice handy concealer and quite cheap. I bought a shade that was too dark/yellow for my skin tone so I won't be buying this same one again.

In My Bag - 1

Pocket mirror, Rimmel nail varnish (very natural nude colour, I love it) for emergencies, hair ties, bobby pins, contact lenses and whatnot.

And that's pretty much it!

Laters! x

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing sweet bag. I have that mascara also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your makeup bag - such a cute design! I love looking at other people's makeup, especially the essential items they carry around with them. That Givenchy lipstick looks amazing, so sad they discontinued it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! No matter how many mascaras I try, I always go back to Maybelline. I've been using their Great Lash on and off for years, but haven't tried the Falsies one. Burt's Bees is my favorite lip balm. My favorite lipgloss was discontinued some time ago - it was a gorgeous prismatic purply-pink shade from Estee Lauder. I haven't found anything like it since! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love looking at people's make up, especially their favourite daily products. that's such a shame about your favourite lipstick, hopefully they bring it back or you can find it somewhere online, it's worth tracking some more down if it's your absolute favourite.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post. your makeup bag is really lovely. and it looks like you have some great products as well.

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/

    xx rae

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: