11 July 2013

Images of Quiet - The Old Mosque

Edirne

This place is overwhelmingly gorgeous. It is smaller than Selimiye Mosque but somehow it felt grander, and more spiritual. It must be the massive Arabic writings on the walls. Dating back to 15th century, I would say it is one of the most charming religious spots I have seen. The artwork on the ceiling was exquisite.



Edirne
Edirne
Edirne
Edirne
Selimiye Mosque

And look at me catching up with my edited photos. This means I will have to say hello my my camera once again (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) but I am lazy and not very social so that leaves piles of books, some beauty products and eventually some delicious food to photograph.

I live an exciting life, I know.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So much detail. What kind of food is in the 2nd to last photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a traditional Ottoman candy called 'macun'.

      Delete

Drop me a word: