30 July 2013

Summer Food High

Food lately...
Food lately...
Food lately...
Food lately...

My days haven't been the most exciting ones of this year but I have been on a pretty good roll of quality eating, dare I say. For some incomprehensible reason, my occasional fast food meals started to make me sick to the point of making me bow down to the porcelain god (I am being delicate here), so I stopped eating junk food all together. Can't say I miss it. 

I usually have a pretty reasonable approach towards eating and food in general -except my 'once' weakness for McDonald's- and Rachel Phipps' post on how she manages not to be a size of a house after all the glorious dining she performs on a daily basis has become a favourite of mine. I do love her blog and she is a doll, so check it out if you want a really good explanation of what is simply common sense. 

Long story short, I have embraced clean and humane eating instead of pigging out. It is doing me good. Emotional eating is becoming a thing of past, slowly but surely. (Boredom is a dangerous fellow.) I am still capable of eating my weight in goat cheese and peaches but at least good french fries are not a necessity but an occasional treat. (Although I still shouldn't be trusted around Sea Salt & Vinegar Kettle Chips.) And homemade bread is delicious.


6 comments:

  1. those figs look so delicious! I've mostly gone a few years without fast food, but every time I have it now it makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since moving abroad, I haven't missed any of the fast food chains such as McD's or Burger King. Not that I really cared for them to begin with. Summer is the best for all the lovely produce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...loving these gorgeous food photos. The bread looks amazing. In the last photo, I had no idea those were figs - I never eat them because I must have tried them long ago and didn't care for the taste, though I love Fig Newtons. :)
    I, too share a love for goat cheese and sea salt and vinegar kettle chips. Actually just about any flavor of kettle chip will do. Every once and a while I'll cave in and have a fast food meal - I end up feeling gross afterwards and yet I still continue to buy them. I will definitely read Rachel Phipps' post, thanks for sharing. PS, try making goat cheese and black bean quesadillas if you haven't already. I cook a little chopped onion in the skillet, add a can of drained black beans and around 4-6oz of goat cheese, mash it all up and use that for the filling. Serve with salsa or guac. Yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will try that, thanks for the advice!

      Delete
  4. This all looks so delicious and home made bread is completely different from shop bought although I haven't made it for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit sea salt & vinegar crisps are also a weakness of mine.. especially if paired alongside some hummus.

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog



    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: