20 August 2013

A few days in Istanbul

Istanbul
Istanbul
Istanbul
Istanbul
Istanbul
Istanbul
Istanbul
Istanbul

A couple weeks ago, I was in Istanbul for a few days. Boy, I love this city. In my humble opinion, and despite my neverending love for London, Istanbul is something of her own; a brilliant and unique city in many ways. We went to the Princes Islands by ferry on the first day and enjoyed the historical houses, quiet streets, old and huge trees, having no cars around, the iodine smelling breeze and the stunning sunset and the seagulss taking an evening walk on the streets. 

It's so nice to have a such a calm corner just half an hour away from one of the loudest cities on earth. Plus, the calamari and shrimps in butter were simply delicious.

6 comments:

  1. Istanbul is definitely her own person, which is why I love her too! :-) Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have never been to Istanbul but I really want to go. It seems so beautiful and so interesting. Can't wait to discover it someday =)

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog }

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The city definitely is something. For the past few days I've been wandering around looking for a flat in not-so-pretty parts of it, but it sure is alive. It makes you want to do things! I'm planning to make a post about my new flat and the city, but first I have to get myself a camera--which I will manage to do soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures:)

    Great post, Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, your photos are stunning! I've never been to Istambul, but I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks incredibly refreshing - I can almost smell the sea breeze.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a word: