29 October 2014

Autumn in the city

autumnal

October went by so fast, I'm not sure how. In fact entire 2014 was a blur to me, I swear I was dreading coming back from London in July just a few weeks ago. But despite all the rush, the autumn in finally in the city. I no longer need to force myself to keep the jumper I had put on , not because it was cold enough but because I was too eager. We even had quite a few properly rainy days, the ones that make you glad to be inside as the wind howls at a safe distance.


autumnal

After I managed accidentally not to go to work (long story), I've met my friend (the dashing lady in the photo) for her birthday breakfast and a coffee. The weather was beautiful. The sky is finally that thick, intense autumn blue that I love so much and it was only cool enough to keep your jacket on but still keep sitting outside, enjoying the sun. Our search for 1940s pencil skirt was unsuccessful but I've picked up a new foundation and fake eyelashes.

autumnal

autumnal

Needless to say I've enjoyed the walk home, especially since we are on winter time and the daylight is scarse. I like to imagine that I'll be able to go out for a walk whenever I please and then go back to writing with fresh autumn air in my lungs.

autumnal

On another note, NaNoWriMo is starting on Saturday and it continues to leave me petrified about a very personal possible failure that nobody will care about but me. That's being human to you. We take ourselves seriously, don't we now.

xx

1 comment:

Drop me a word: